Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2022

Antoine Vanner talks about his latest maritime thriller

 

May be an image of 1 person and book

I can't resist sharing a moment of what I hope is justifiable pride. My eleventh novel of the Dawlish Chronicles series, Britannia's Rule, was published last week. When I began writing seriously I never thought that so many novels would follow the first and that they should be so well received in the US, the UK, and Australasia. My main characters are almost as real to me as my own family!
I was not in the first flush of youth when I started, and am even less so now. I hope this will be an encouragement to anybody who believes that "they have a book in them" and who's prepared to put in the necessary time according to a disciplined schedule. In my case it's about 1000 - 1200hrs of researching, plotting, writing, agonising, rewriting, revising etc. that I find needed for a 120,000-word novel. Time marches on inexorably and it's never too soon, or too late, to start.
On now to my twelfth!

No comments: