Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Letters to Santa

On the whole I have been good this year, just the odd bad judgement call like rolling in the mud pool three days in a row at school."
-- Letter to Santa

It's that time of year again.  Like post offices all over the world, the New Zealand post office is being inundated with letters from children addressed to Father Christmas.

Today, the Dominion Post has published a few gems.

"Dear Santa, I am a good boy," one asserts. "I always am. It's not true what you hear."

Another writes, "I have been really naughty this year so I'd understand if you didn't get me anything, but I still love you, Santa, and I think that's more than a lot of kids these days."

Girls are not immune from moments of guilt. "I have been a good girl most of the time.  But sometimes I forget," one confessed. "But then I remember."

And there are some unusual requests. 

"You can give me anything you want to except used chewing gum."

"Please may I have a present.  I would like a blue one."

"This year can I please have a real tiger and a real dog. I promise I will look after the tiger and won't let it eat my cats."  (Note that no responsibility is taken for the dog.)

"Dear Santa, I love you. Can you please make me dance like the Gangnam guy, he is cool."

No comments: