Reflections by award-winning maritime historian Joan Druett, author of many books about the sea
Search This Blog
Friday, July 10, 2015
Yet another initiative from Amazon ...
Introducing Kindle Scout
June 25, 2015 2:00 PM
Introducing Kindle Scout, a new reader-powered publishing program where readers help discover the next great books.
Submit your book to Kindle Scout and be considered for a publishing contract with Kindle Press in 45 days or less. We welcome submissions for English-language books in the following genres: romance, mystery & thriller, science fiction & fantasy, and literature & fiction.
If chosen for publication, you receive:
· Guaranteed advance & competitive royalties: A $1,500 advance and 50% eBook royalty rate.
· Focused formats: We acquire worldwide publication rights for eBook and audio formats in all languages. You retain all other rights, including print.
· 5-year renewable terms: If your book doesn't earn $25,000 in royalties during the initial 5-year contract term, and any 5-year renewal term after that, you can choose to stop publishing with us.
· Easy reversions: After two years, rights in any format or language that remains unpublished, or all rights for any book that earns less than $500 in total royalties in the preceding 12-month period, can be reverted upon request--no questions asked.
· Early downloads & reviews: One week prior to release date, everyone who nominated your book will receive a free, early copy to help build momentum and customer reviews.
· Featured Amazon marketing: Your book will be enrolled into the Kindle Owners' Lending Library, Kindle Unlimited as well as be eligible for targeted email campaigns and promotions.
We believe authors thrive with options. If you value an advance, creative control, competitive royalties and marketing opportunities--this new program might be perfect for you. Learn more.